Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
The LORD is the ultimate architect and contractor. Houses are only as good as their designers and builders. This Psalm reminds me of the realities of my Christian life.
- Without the Lord’s involvement, from planning to finishing, our endeavors are futile.
- Although I bring stress to the scenario, God wants to bring rest to the scenario.
- The little people in the home are infinitely more important than the house itself.
- I have an opportunity to point the next generation at a worthy target.
- God has a way of using our children to bless us years later.